Gap Year Fellowship
Horseshoe Farm offers an intensive 1 year (13 month) community-based gap year service and leadership development Fellowship. It is geared to top recent college graduates from around the nation interested in community health and education, non-profit and organizational management, social entrepreneurship, and community service leadership.
The competitive Fellowship is a unique opportunity for high levels of responsibility and mentored hands on learning in a rapidly growing community based non-profit organization. Its aim is preparing citizen service leaders needed for tomorrow's communities.
Fellows receive an educational grant of $600/month, free housing, and valuable experience through:
- Front line service in and leadership of Horseshoe Farm's broad range of innovative community based programs for children and adults.
- Administrative, management, and operations responsibilities in a grassroots non-profit organization.
- Close work with a team of other talented Fellows.
- "Community Engagement" work with other civic, business, non-profit, and governmental organizations throughout our community.
- Weekly readings and discussions designed to promote contextual understanding and reflection on experiences.
For more information about a typical week in the Fellowship, specific activities in the Fellowship, the educational grant provided to Fellows, living arrangements for Fellows, and more, please click the "Learn More" button below.
To apply for the fellowship, please press the "Apply Now" button to download a copy of the application. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.